Thread: Please help.
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 06:21 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Please help.

Hi
I had a ingrown toenail nail surgery 4 months back. Surgery did not go well and I had phenol burn on right side of my toe. Since then I have a constant burning on the big toe. I m not sure is it because of phenol burn or neurological.
The pain is 3 and occasionally may be 4 .
I have swelling on big toe which is still there after 4 months. I went to another podiatrist and he put me on steroids which helped a bit. But then I walked too much and started pins and needles and my started burning in my foot.
I went to another dr and he said it might be CRPS. As it has to heal by now.
My podi , my GP assured me saying it is not and nerve might have irritated. Also there r very less nerves in big toe so nerve damage is very less likely.And big toe takes long time to heal and due to burn it is taking time. But I read too much about CRPS on net and freaked out. Went into panic. So doc put me on cymbalta and molixacone. Now there is no burning but stingy and sore feeling after I walk a little bit. Big toe is still swollen. The burn part is red and there is no regular skin on it . So it becomes red. Aside from this I don't have any color changes or sensitivity.
Do u still think it might be RSD and I should go to pain management doc?
Please help. I have lots of anxiety going on and not able to cope.
Attached Thumbnails
Please help.-img_1121-jpg  
jopeful2017 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (02-05-2017), RSD ME (02-06-2017), Shay08 (02-06-2017)