View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 02:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittygiggles View Post
Absolutely! I am sorry for that error. I did mean low, especially as I read from here that 400 is the new low, and elsewhere I learned that in Japan they can consider 500 to be the cut-off for a low plasma concentration. Is there any way I would be permitted to edit my post? If not, would a moderator be allowed to just change it from 'Elevated' to 'Low'?

In light of my blood test, would you recommend continuing to supplement B12? I take B12 on an empty stomach, along with my medication, and vitamin D. Prior to the daily B12 supplementation I used to wait about an hour before eating; should I extend that waiting period? I've no problem doing so.

I am searching for a new doctor as my current one is reluctant to issue blood tests or for some reason 'compromises' and allows one or two things but not others, which is aggravating. I discuss my decisions with my dietician, who in turn does consult with doctors she knows; I'm in the process of getting their details but communication with her is slow.

As for zinc, I am happy to add this to my test. I started taking selenium, zinc, and iodine as I was advised they were useful for thyroid disorders. Having looked at my diet I can see lentils contain a great deal of zinc, and at the volume I eat them, I think I will stop taking it. My symptoms seemed more noticeable since taking zinc (about a few months ago).

Thank you for the advice about anxiety and breathing. I practice appropriate breathing when I am anxious and it works wonders. Still, I can forget sometimes. In addition, I suspect fluoxetine to be a culprit in this but also, I know very well the physical changes that happen with me when I am anxious, including tingling. However, this suspected PN seems constant.

I am so grateful to you for responding. Looking back at my post I can see it was a wall of text and I thought that perhaps it would put people off. Thank you again.
Be extremely careful taking any minerals with out getting all of your levels tested. If you are consuming plenty of zinc and taking zinc supplements you can drive your copper down. Better to get copper and ceruloplasm, iron, and ferritin, mag, cal, zinc, and iodine checked before messing around.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (02-06-2017), mrsD (02-06-2017)