Thread: Please help.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 02:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Hi Jopeful,

I don't why your inflammation hasn't gone down yet. I do see that there is redness and irritation. Fortunately it looks in the photo to be localized and not horribly swollen. Don't get me wrong, I know well that even a little swelling can make a foot angry. Can you clarify, is the pain staying in the big toe or is it now in the ankle too? Nerve irritation of many causes can track upwards. Neuro-inflammation is part of CRPS but there are other reasons that you could be having a reaction. CRPS is a diagnosis of exclusion, so every other possibility needs to be ruled out first. It sounds like there are some possibilities to explore considering the procedure you had can cause a lot of inflammation and infection with foot procedures of any kind is a risk. I am a little concerned about what you call "the burn" and whether that is healing as expected. If you don't feel entirely comfortable with either podiatrist it might not be a bad idea to get another opinion. Doctors don't always have the easiest time acknowledging when a case didn't go according to plan. I'm not saying your doctor did anything wrong but sometimes fresh eyes will identify a new problem. There may be something that needs to be done to allow the wound to heal properly.

I understand feeling worried. It is frustrating when you expect to be well already and don't know why you aren't. Having CRPS in mind as a possibility is not a bad thing but make sure everything else has been considered first. Right now you don't know and my humble opinion is that you need to be reasonably sure there is nothing to be treated before going down the CRPS path. Anyone would be sure to panic looking at 187 pages here. Keep in mind that a lot of people who get better or didn't have CRPS will not be on a forum - our membership is skewed. In the short time I've been here we have had some members come and go because a problem was finally identified and treated successfully. Don't give up on healing. Channel energy into making sure there are no physical problems to address and give your body a little time. Get consults or second opinions if they bring you peace of mind, that is important and it's okay to pursue them. Don't let your pain get out of control in the meantime. Managing it is important for your healing and well-being no matter what is going on with your foot. If you have run down the possibilities for what is causing pain and the doctors believe you have CRPS we are here for you. You're not alone.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hotfoot53 (02-10-2017), PurpleFoot721 (02-06-2017), RSD ME (02-09-2017), Shay08 (02-06-2017)