View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,

Just wonder if the Zoloft is causing some very unwanted side effects.

A few years back I was given some meds which I was told to take for a month. The meds(Prozac) put me in sort of la la land. I was completely useless. I couldn't do anything much except crawl back in bed and was terribly depressed. My thoughts/mind were going in a complete opposite direction. It was frightening. After a month, when I went for my scheduled appointment, I told the doctor of the way I was feeling. He scolded me for not calling him sooner. He was actually upset with me. Needless to say, they were discontinued. For me; it was a good decision.

I totally agree with you about the Xanax. Tho they work almost immediately, they sometimes can have negative effects especially when taken for any length of time.

The Valium does help the anxiety; but takes time to get into the system. I really didn't even realize the muscle spasms that were a problem for so many years was getting better until a few months later. That was a bonus I had not expected. I do take Elavil at bedtime; which is a tricyclic anti-depressant. Have been on it for years.

Pam, I would suggest you get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible. This is quite worrisome.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 02-06-2017 at 11:45 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (02-07-2017), PurpleFoot721 (02-07-2017), RSD ME (02-09-2017), St George 2013 (02-08-2017)