View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 10:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My mom has been dealing with numb feet and weak legs

My mom has been dealing with numb feet and weak legs for about 2 years or so.

It has gotten progressively worse in the past year. It usually is worse when she is under considerable stress and fatigue.

She is not nearly as comfortable walking, especially on stairs and slippery surfaces. Previously she was more active and was more comfortable biking and walking. She is still ok swimming. She is 70 years old.

On a few occasions she has mentioned that it is harder for her to feel the gas and brake pedals.

Her condition is undiagnosed she has gone to a few hospitals and has had scores of tests performed.

She says her cognition is fine. However, in my estimation her memory and attention span is not as good as it was before. She has probably been suffering from very mild depression for 20 years. She is naturally a bit anxious. Luckily she has a busy social life and lots of friends.

She has a 40 year history of undiagnosed gastrointestinal issues.

I brought up discussion boards and she seems interested. Please let me know if this the right board for her diagnosed condition? If not is there a forum somewhere else that might be right for her?

Many thanks,