View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 08:22 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
Parts of me are improving and parts of me are not. IV abx have been a great help, but it's also quite an undertaking with the cost, weekly bandage changes and weekly lab draws to monitor kidney and liver function.

I think the neurologist is not going to be of much help to you unless he wants to get you IVIG....which is highly unlikely. I've corresponded with a lot of people about their Lyme neuropathies. The ones that have had successfully recovered have treated their infections with a combo of herbs and antibiotics, got treated with IVIG and have used mild HBOT. One person I know had full body burning for 8 years and couldn't stand to even wear clothes. They didn't get IVIG, but bought a home mild HBOT unit. They are totally recovered now, but it took 60+ dives to get traction.
Hi madisongrrl. Glad to see you had some improvement, although we all know it is a long road.
Do you pay all your IV antibiotics yourself? No insurance will cover it?
I too think I need to see a Lyme literate doctor here in France. There seems to have less than in the US.
In my case, as I was treated 2 times with antibiotics (3 weeks amox, 3 weeks doxy) early after my infection, I really don't know if I have persistent infection. I think that the infection triggered the auto immune reaction, and so I think I would benefit fro IVIG. But it seems like it is hard to get.

I hate feeling that I have to wait to worsen to have a better treatment.

It is very great to see that some people have healed. I had no clue about HBOT and had to search. Looks like an interesting alternative treatment, but I have no idea how I could have access to that ! Do you plan to try?
Wishing you the best
NicoAvA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote