Old 02-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFencer View Post
Hi everyone:

It's been ages since I wrote anything. I had stroke number 5 last April. It's been 11 years since this whole parade of brain surgeries and strokes began and I've never had that "Aha" moment.

I still drag my right side, have a stupid claw hand and no balance along with other little annoyances. I could not come back to wheelchair fencing after my back surgery because the required chairback height pressed on where I had the fusion.

So I can now do neither basketball nor fencing. I coach in the local youth league and assistant coach a high school varsity team. I have been licensed and certified by USA Basketball as a coach. (required testing and practical stuff) Some of it is difficult as I need two hands to demo something or do a crouch, shuffle, change directions type thing and I can't or fall over. I still try. I also follow my old college team. (I played for the University of Minnesota in the 70s) Not being able to play makes me ache so bad. I haven't worked in 10 years and there are very view volunteer opportunities that don't require two hands or walking around.

Yes this is a pity party. Telling me "oh just get over it, there are plenty of others who are in worse condition" Don't you think I know that? I feel for them but this is me. I go to a neuropsychologist but I see no improvement. She is the 3rd one. Time to change again? Yes I realize I wouldn't play basketball like I did when I was 20 but I'd be playing. I now live in a 55+ community but these people are so old. I'm about to go around the bend. End of rant.
You just let loose
It what we need sometime
You just let loose
We mourn what we lost
You just let loose
Live
Me
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (02-07-2017), RSD ME (02-09-2017), SDFencer (02-07-2017), St George 2013 (02-08-2017)