View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

My opinion of Tec is not favorable. I was on it over two years ago. I had the usual side effects of flushing and while they were unpleasant that wasn't what made me stop.

About a year into this med I had a SEVERE reaction. Uncontrollable itching from head to toe. It was like having poison ivy times 1,000 everywhere. It was so severe and not knowing how long it would last was terrifying. It subsided after about 30 minutes but that was the longest 30 minutes of my life.

My Neuro at the time seemed to feel that I over reacted and it wasn't as bad as I described. Needless to say I'm no longer using that Neurologist.

Forward to today. My white blood cell count is too low for me to begin taking any other med.

My current Neuro (whom I adore) said we need to wait for my WBC count to increase. He is very much against anyone taking Tec and will not prescribe it.

I am also JC positive and he told me about three more PML cases due to Tec use.

For me it was a huge mistake. Good luck whatever you choose to do.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bddouglas (02-08-2017), ger715 (02-12-2017)