View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 02:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This works for me...

When there are no props available (i.e. pointers, lines, lasers, etc.) if you will take thought to move your left hand forward with your right foot (or visa versa), the response you are looking for, walking, should be there. Even if it is somewhat robotic, it beats shuffling.

As for music, I have found that for me a repetitive low D note or chord tends to calm my tremors. I discovered this before I began taking meds during an MRI session and again during a song service at church when the bass guitar was particularly strong on one song. Upon further study I decided that it was not the sound that relieved the tremor but the resonance (An excited state of a stable particle causing a sharp maximum in the probability of absorption of electromagnetic radiation...according to my dictionary). That is significant, because a resonance machine could be built without having the distubing factor of sound, and it could be worn outside the body...an external DBS if you will. I approached a sound engineer with the idea, and he thought it was feasible. I actually purchased a type of C.E.S. (cranial electro stimulator) and tried it. I achieved some success with it but not what I was hoping for. After using it four times daily for 15 minutes each session for four consecutive days, my tremor began to subside. After stopping treatment, the tremor did not increase until approximately 2 weeks had elapsed. A lack of knowledge of exactly what was actually happening in my brain to cause this is why I stopped the procedure. More controlled study should be considered in this area.

michael b.
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote