View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Struggling to get this severe upper muscle spasm under control, took 5mg Oxy at 4am, 1 temgesic & Valium at 7am and same again at 8am. Nothing is working. I've managed to get an appt to see my PM at 3.30 tomorrow. Hope he can help. Called in sick today including not working from home. its 11am, I'm clock watching until 12noon where I can take temgesic & Valium again. Beside myself with pain. Have even tried rolling against the wall with a tennis ball in between the shoulder blade (scapula) and spine tying to relieve the pain. I can't recall having a spasm like this since the time they put me in the mount hospital back in 2013 after I had the Nevro implant. I know my PM gave me an epidural last week along with the nerve root injections but maybe he was unable to inject the upper spine where needed because it's where the SCS leads are?? This combined with my spiralling depression & anxiety is tippping me over the edge. At 8.30am I thought the drugs were starting to work but they didn't last long at all, maybe 30 minutes. Think I will have to revert to 2 temegesic every 4 hrs along with 1 Valium every 6 hours until I see the PM tomorrow.

Edit
Did everything I could to distract myself until 12noon & at 12.03 took just the 1 temgesic & Valium & in another 10 minutes will take the 2nd temgesic, so far its 20 minutes in and no relief. Pain score is about 8. Can't put myself anywhere to relieve it. Getting quite worried but at least it's taken my mind off of the depression....

Last edited by PamelaJune; 02-07-2017 at 11:25 PM.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (02-08-2017)