View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoAvA View Post
Hey boiler!
Thanks for the reply. Wow, your pattern is very similar to mine.
I had a slow onset of symptoms, and gradually allodynia (sensitivity to clothes, mainly in arms and legs) developped. The first flair lasted 6 months and then the symptoms disappeared. During two years, I had like 6 or 7 minor flares where symptoms lasted only 1 week or more, and then disappeared. So I thought I would be OK eventually! But in october, wow, biggest flair. Full body (and I mean full, with newly my neck involved) allodynia, burning in hands and neck, intolerance to bed sheets during one horrible week. Since then the symptoms seem to very gradually go. But it takes time ! And I am scared to not have found a doctor that will try a treatment.

I have stopped Lyrica. I think I had a too low dose to help. And I can do without so it is good. But I think my life has reached a turning point as I am anxious of the future and I do less activities than before (I am a tennis lover and have not played for months due to clothing hurting).

Again, our patterns are very similar. I am just like you, I am sad that doctors do not seem to try to understand that. They are just like "yeah, neuropathy symptoms can come and go".

I strongly believe that my issues are auto-immune following lyme infection. I have always thought that, it makes so much sense. So I am glad madisongrrl confirms that to me!

So how are you doing these days? Living a pretty normal life?
All the best!
Sent you a private message!
boiler1993 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote