View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

hey, where can i get some of that placebo and how much does it cost?

The primary endpoint of the study was the change at Week 12 in Unified Parkinson’s Disease Rating Scale-Part 3 (UPDRS III) score relative to placebo at 30 minutes post-treatment for the 84 mg dose. UPDRS III change for the 84 mg dose was -9.83 compared to -5.91 for placebo (p=0.009).

i'm sure this will be a valuable adjunct to l-dopa, wish they had released more data. and tested it against oral C/L just too much time on my hands this morning.

i would like to see if it gives you a speedier ON after eating protein which really affects me, i have planned OFFS ( planned about 5 minutes in advance when i break down and eat that container of hummus) where i know i'll be OFF for 3 hrs. they aren't delivering the drug directly to the brain so the l-dopa molecules are still broken down in the blood/tissues and still have to play bumper pool with all those amino acids waiting in line to cross the BBB. do they use exceptionally smart l-dopa?

i recently could have used inhaled l-dopa as a diagnostic. for the first time in 14 years was constipated and coincidentally my l-dopa effectiveness decreased to the point i was off most the day, a terrible experience and it kind of snuck up on me, i had no idea constipation would have such an extreme affect and needed to end immediately, not wait for the usual "gentle" treatments where you wait a day or two. and i use my l-dopa to keep my BP down, noone giving me advice seemed to appreciate that. got to the point where i could not get ON, froze to the point where i called 911 who carried me to my son's car, drove me to an ER, waited 5 hrs to be treated and was cured in 10
minutes by an expert enema. i'm over dramatizing this a little but noone in my loop, my MDS, his nurse,my GP saw my condition as that serious and i might have panicked a little bit. that said, i learned the hard way that preventing constipation and reversing it is #1 on my list. strangely enough, youtube videos showing stretches and massages that stimulate bowel movements helped and i try to do those each morning. i believe the beta blocker that i just started caused the constipation, i stopped taking it and no problem even though i stopped taking the generic miralex(?) my md wanted me to take indefinately

having inhaled l-dopa work where oral l-dopa would imply there was something wrong with my GI tract was the last point .
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote