View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 08:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Saw PM yesterday - his receptionist is a god send, she sent me through to him straight away at 3pm rather than wait until 3.30, she said Nevro rep not here yet so she can wait a little and it's clear you need to see J now. He's sent me for X-rays & blood tests (may have an infection, unlikley but worthwhile checking) which I've just had first thing this morning at 8am at the hospital. He doesn't think the lead could have moved, but is also not ruling it out. I still believe it's a muscle spasm. The only way to describe it is imagine the worst possible foot or leg cramp you've ever had and then add a severe burning sensation to it.

He has changed my medication, insists I go off the anti-depressant and restart the 10mg Endep, take 2 sublingual temgesic every 4 hours and 2 x 20/10 Targin twice a day. Says if I can't get it under control I'm to present over the weekend to the private hospital Murdoch which also has an emergency department. (You pay $300 upfront and don't get it back, your health fund picks up the rest) he said not to go to the big public hospitals, they wouldn't understand my condition or chronic pain. Believe me, I would never go to them ever for my chronic pain. I've experienced their disdain previously.

So I've had the bloods and X-ray, the X-ray technician remembered me being here from last week on Wednesday, she said a strange thing. Pam, if you continue bent over like this for the rest of today, I think you shouldn't wait until a Monday to see J for your blood test results, I think you should go to Murdoch now. Well, the blood people have my mobile and they know the results are requested urgently, so I'm sure if they find anything they will phone me and I'll take myself off then. In the meantime, having again been up since 3 and going to bed at 12, I'm off back home to bed & hopefully sleep. DB will be home it's his RDO. I think he will be supportive today.

It's obvious to everyone I'm in agony, yesterday my PM J, his receptionist wondered aloud why he wasn't admitting me there n then....

Nevro rep then proceeded to need to make a number of calls to Victoria, Sydney, Atlanta... apparently one of the leads / electrodes has disappeared. She and the others she spoke to who could all see my data on their laptops had never experienced or seen anything like it before. She's turned the unit off completely and will see me on Monday at 1.30 with J to review my X-rays.
ger715 (02-09-2017)