View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 09:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I think you would be better off finding a clinic that will take you as a patient to do some diagnostics and assessments and possible treatment. If you have any resources for places/family to stay for an extended period like Boston (Mass General has a concussion program), Pittsburgh (UPMC), Buffalo (University of Buffalo) or near any of the big teaching hospitals, that would be a start.

I've kept up to date with the things Dr. Leddy has done at UB. Got pretty excited and even let myself get hopeful.

When It comes to Buffalo, well I called them and was shuffled around by secretaries until they put me on some answering machine with instructions to briefly describe my symptoms and leave an email address. I did so.

About 2 or 3 days later received this via email

"In response to your telephone inquiry about the concussion clinic at The University at Buffalo, you are not a candidate. Thank you."

I hope you guys at UB read this! Awful way to respond to people looking for help!

Pretty ****ing poignant response to give to someone who is
A) Sick
B) Willing to pay

I guess I can email or call Pittsburg and Boston. I'll have to restart the entire conversation with my old man.

Someplace out in Winnipeg started doing the Buffalo Protocol but I am not a candidate because

A) I do not reside in Manitoba (I do hold Canadian citizenship)
B) Am OVER 18 (youth sports injuries only)
C) Even if I did pay, I'd be differed behind the provincial non paying youth. Said they couldn't guarantee me a spot. At least they were nice on the phone though.

It baffles me that there are places offering treatment but with some strange criteria on how to receive it.
windseeker242 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote