View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for all the info. I will try to absorb this a bit at a time.

Not sure you remember a poster named Rrae or maybe you had not started yet. She was quite interesting. If I understood correctly, when you first had your SCS done and redone; there was only space for one lead because of excessive scar tissue. From my understanding; most have a few leads. I digress....

Rrae had at least one horse, if not more. It appeared fairly soon after her SCS was implanted she was baling hay and one of her leads either moved or broke. Her spasms were unreal; She even mentioned having rolled over on the floor from the pain (not sure she was at work at the time). I'm not sure that there was ever a connection with the spasms and lead issue; but what you are dealing with seems very similar. I think you mentioned after the bowel obstruction and treatment in the hospital may have caused a problem with the lead/SCS.

I'm glad you are off the Zoloft...That is in the range of the Prozac and high end anti-depressants. There were articles indicating, in some individuals, the depression deepened and was quite concerning. The month I was on the Prozac was really quite worrisome.

I hope DB will be more supportive. It does mean so much for our partners to understand and show love and support. I love my husband, he is a good man; but as you know, in addition to the PN (ankles/feet often on fire; he just don't seem to understand the pain/ nerves going haywire with one another. In the house; winter or summer; I have velcro sandal/slide with no backs and a heel about 1 to 1 1/4"; and no socks because the touch just adds to the nerves acting up/burning.) My belly/stomach/groin/hip are a painful mess; especially with 3-4 Miralax a day the belly/stomach/cramping, etc. plus the fact that I don't have a rectum so the colon is directly connected to some muscle/a....nal area. I am on the "potty" several times a day for 1/2 hr. or more each session. This afternoon hubby was in the Family Room, I went to sit for a while on my easy chair with my feet elevated on some floor pillows. I mentioned how badly my tummy felt and was feeling really quite tired......What he did was on "Q".....without a word, he got up and went into his office where his computer is and sat down starting using it. I kinda gave a bit of a "shout out" like....."did I scare you away"???? All he could say was "no" and continued using his computer. As I mentioned yesterday, while he is a good man; he, as well as many men, I think have a dial that is turned "off" to compassion. Sorry for the long "pitty pot"; but know you more than understand.

Pam, you really had quite a workup. Hopefully, the results will enable you will get the treatment needed, including the possibility going to the ER at the private hospital.

With all the pain issues, etc., caring for the animals/pond, house, etc. are a full time job; can't imagine where you find the strength to have a job too. Please do take care of yourself. Unless you do, you will be of no help to DB or anyone else.

Appreciate your keeping me up to date.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (02-10-2017)