View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 03:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineD View Post

I have just been referred by my Neurologist to a Epileptologist and I am so hoping that my Myoclonic Seizures can be controlled/eliminated. The most difficult are the seizures, called Negative Myoclonus which cause me to collapse to the floor/ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~

By the way I have had two EEGs and nothing has shown up (so far).

Hugs, Elaine

Hello Elaine;

Just for your information: One can spend 6 hours in Dr's Office to Outpatient all the way to being in Hospital with VEEG ...

No seizure activity? Not unusual; one can have epilepsy and not get it recorded. The critical problem is this: Seizures do not come with a Remote Control where one can click it on to start and click it off to cease!

:-/

From my personal experience, you collapsing on floor - so as you noted - how did they come up with Myoclonic to begin with? It sounds to me you've got Atonic Seizures... I get those once in a blue moon in a blue year.

The best way to describe it... you go limp and kerboom by Murphy's Law, of what is up must come down... to the floor, to the ground, to the pavement, etc... You may or may not be aware of what is happening. With me, I'm always aware, it's just like I'm paralyzed for a brief moment. I may or may not go into a blank, but almost always winds up being in a daze...

Frequently during an Atonic Seizure, I do behave somewhat if I were drunk, but I'm not. My speech would be slurred or incoherent. I would sometimes feel kind of "numb" (not the numbness, an expression).

You do not have the seizure manifestation. Since you've repetitiously said. You didn't blank out, You didn't this or that... this wold be an Atonic Seizure:

This is a good one to view:

Wiki: Atonic Seizure

Read and see if this clears up anything - Good Luck!

" Vujà Dé - The feeling you've
never been in here before!"

Daily Feedbag of Zonegran, Clonazepam, and Folic Acid
southie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote