Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Cleaning off my car yesterday was so easy! And the plow had already cleared a lot of spaces by the time I got out there
Bomebody parked in my spot while I made a coffee run even though there were plenty of other free spots. I knew who did it, and she was nearby, so I asked her nicely not to do it again. I think she was embarrassed to find out I was handicapped. By the time my husband got home from work, she had moved her car, so he moved mine into my space.

We were only supposed to get 1-3" of snow last night, but it looks like we got a bit more than that, and it's not the fluffy stuff this time. It's supposed to snow on Sunday morning, and we'll continue to get snow and mixed precipitation until Monday night.

My husband's review went well. The owners are very happy with him, and he held his tongue. He's getting another raise, but doesn't know when he will get it, or how much it will be yet. I hope that between the praise he received from ownership, his pending raise, and upcoming vacation will help make work more tolerable for him. He's been on call this week, had to go out last night, and wasn't very happy with that though. But it's part of his job, and he isn't on call very often because there are a lot of employees at his company.

Cause for concern:
For the last couple of days, I've been reminiscing quite a bit about old (and some pretty unpleasant) things and kinda putting things into perspective, which is usually not a good thing for me, but I can't seem to stop doing it. The wheels keep turning. I am not suicidal, but I've also started to have intrusive thoughts (OCD) about self-harm again. It's nothing new, but it's been quiet for a while. My anxiety is higher, so this may just be OCD run amuck, but it could also be a sign that I'm having a mood disturbance. Sometimes I have a hard time trying to tell the difference between heightened anxiety with/without worsening OCD and hypomania until my symptoms get worse, but I get the feeling that I'm hypomanic again now because klonopin is not really controlling the anxiety, which means it's probably not really all anxiety... not good.

I don't think my pdoc will be in the office until Tuesday, but I will call to make an appointment for ASAP. Usually she would bump up my Seroquel, but I'm maxed out at 800mg, so this is going to take some creativity on her part. Hopefully by the time I see her next week what's going on will become clearer, and that will make both of out lives easier as long as this doesn't get much worse.

I'm supposed to have surgery March 3rd to remove an unsuspicious ovarian cyst that's a little on the large size at 5cm because it's been giving me problems. While I'm out, my GYN is also going to remove a birth control implant in my arm called Nexplanon that's also been giving me problems, and I'm going to get my tubes tied so I don't have to mess around trying to find another birth control method that doesn't induce mania or cause other unpleasant side effects. I'm not worried about the surgery. I'm actually looking forward to it. I hope that whatever's going on psych-wise doesn't end up delaying the surgery.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-11-2017), Dmom3005 (02-11-2017), Mari (02-11-2017), mymorgy (02-11-2017)