View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 06:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Gerry, totally understandable there are 3 SIL, 2 are SIL by being sisters to DB, that's K (moon pie) and G (alcoholic). 3rd SIL "D" is the one I get on wth and love dearly, she is SIL by marriage, she is married to DB brother M. It was her I referred to at Xmas as being so good to DB, so caring, loving and kind.

This SIL, she & I have a lot in common, we've been ostracised & targeted by the family as well as subjected to viscious gossip & rumour. I'm fortunate I don't live there, but D (& M) does & within a 3 mile radius, she and M have nothing to do with the family at all anymore, too much grief. Even DB just being home at Xmas bought grief to D door. A sad family gripped my small mindedness, bitterness & alcohol. I guess actually I'm blessed to get on with DB father & brother. They seem to be the only ones with actual sense and a kind heart. Much like DB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
I somehow got mixed up about your SIL giving you updates during DB's visit; especially he and his brother's touching good bye. Your SIL seemed quite thoughtful.

Realized all the issues about DB's sister while he was visiting. Thought DB's sobriety may have some influence on her wanting to try to get sober. Also thought his sister was turning to you since you were so supportive to her brother and his recovery. Didn't realize how they felt about you. They obviously were greatly influenced by their mother. I really find when people are that nasty to others; they can't have a very meaningful life and are unhappy themselves. Sad.....

Gerry
ger715 (02-14-2017)