View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Eight, thanks for your response. We have looked into disability some and in this state there is only complete disability, no partial. Which means you are right, he would have to stop working altogether. Financially, we cannot afford to do that or to get an attorney or even wait for all of that to play out. On the other hand, i feel that it would be difficult because there are jobs that don't require overhead repetition and/or heavy lifting such as computer jobs. I think he would be able to do something like that, its just a matter of finding one that works with our schedule. He is also a musician manager, and in order to file for disability he would have to quit that too, which will never happen and he's able to do that work with no limitations. So honestly, he's not completely disabled, and I'm not one to try and cheat the system. There are people way worse off that need it more. I do agree that he shouldn't push himself to do more than he should. I have been pressuring him a lot to change jobs, and the management thing seems to be opening up more opportunities as time goes on. I can only hope it continues to and we can find help for him so that he isn't in pain anymore and stop all his worrying.
r8ch34l is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (02-13-2017)