View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 06:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rempatterson View Post
Its great to see the ball rolling in attempts to develop a device to reduce tremor. My wrist tremor is abated if my hand, wrist or arm scrapes against something so this concept of using sensory nerves to reduce tremor fits with my experience.

The Arduino could have a lot of potential. How is this to detect the tremors? Can the micro vibrating motors be used as motor-generators and thereby detect the motion of the tremor? Or are there plans to incorporate an accelerometer? Arduinos run a limited version of C++. Is that expected to be the language of choice? I suppose there are many ways to put together an algorithm that would respond to the 4-6 Hz motion of tremor but not to other things.

Bill Patterson
Bill,

My original thought was just to try the motors. The screen shot shows when each of the six motors is active. Just to get an idea if it works.

Currently no tremor measurement is done, but thankfully I also have a MM7150 Sensor Fusion Module that can measure all sort of things.

Post DBS I had zero tremor. I still have zero tremor in my left hand, but right at times have difficulty with a keyboard and using a mouse. Sigh. Still working on dialing in my DBS.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote