View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 08:15 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
Thanks so much! Means a lot to me.

It's both my arms that it spread to, especially the right. The right one was turning cold already. Thank goodness the medication (calcitonin) is the greatest thing since sliced bread for those arms, but I had to be patient (it took longer than the foreseen 3 month period). It really and truly helps, if you are patient enough with it (not for my legs unfortunately).

They are phasing the medication out of treatment plans more and more, I hear, though. Especially in university hospitals. But there aren't many alternatives for it, so they're basically stuck.
I noticed they aren't using it much also- although I read somewhere that they did if bone loss was noticed. I have to ask my doc about that because I do have bone loss in my affected foot, but no one has said anything about doing anything. I pretty much forgot about it until I saw your post. So thank you for the reminder 😊 We are our strongest advocates.
You are on it for pain relief or more for blood flow? I admit I don't know much about it. I have to do some research I just haven't been able to do much lately.
I'm glad that it's working for you even though it took longer to work.
I continue to pray for less pain for you (and everyone reading these threads because I believe prayer can bring relief in many ways)
Hotfoot
Hotfoot53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CRPSbe (02-15-2017), RSD ME (02-16-2017), Shay08 (02-16-2017)