View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Jamsoe123,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

No, the contact with the floor like you described does not cause a brain injury. You would need the contact with the floor to cause at least a minor, 'Wow, I smacked my head. That did not feel good' symptom. It might a momentary visual disturbance, loss of focus, mental confusion, and a real tactile sense of whacking your head.

So, relax, you did not cause brain damage.

Thinking cannot cause brain damage.

But, constantly obsessing about health and such can be stressful and lead to depression and other styruggles. If these obsessions and ruminations interfere with your daily life, you should seek professional help. It is not good for your health. There is a special term for a hypochondriac who does online research, it is a cyberchondriac. Unfortunately, many online resources can feed this obsession because they don't describe the intensity of a symptoms or mention that that symptom or cluster of symptoms can be just part of the daily ups and downs of life. Headaches, fatigue, irritability, struggle with bright lights, and more can just be momentary and due to stresses of the day. Getting good rest will often resolve these.

Replacement behaviors can be helpful. Find something else to obsess about that takes over the time you use obsessing about your health. Learn some computer programming, html or Java or something that is used in online web pages so you start to understand what happens when a web page loads. Learn about investing so you can follow the financial markets. There are a myriad of things you can replace your health obsession with that will actually improve your life.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote