View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 09:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Hermom33,
How old did you say your daughter was? What kind of medication did she take when she had the scarlet fever? I just tend to think that any kind of assault on the immune system can trigger the tics, I just think that strep is the one they can pinpoint and measure for, but there probably could be many things messing up one's immune system. .... Soooo, having said (or thought) that, whatever you could do to strenghten the immune system, I think, is what seems to be beneficial. That means, bad stuff out, good stuff in -- whatever that is for her.

My son is eight and has tics, but so far since we have embarked on removing food he is intolerant to and adding supplements like magnesium, some minerals, probiotics, etc., he is doing pretty well. He didn't seem to have the issue with pandas, although I have seen an exacerbation one time when he did have a strep throat.

So, you will have to do some detective work to see what kind of things seem to help your daughter. Start with the magnesium supplement that many like, the Natural Calm (that seems to help some with eye tics) and if you can see a naturopathic doctor to give you some guidance, the money will be well spent. Also the water drinking is good, that helps with moving toxins out. So anything along those lines are a start.

Faith
faith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote