View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 06:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

DB went bicycle riding yesterday - first time on a bike (outside) in years. We bought new bikes back in 2012, I rode mine (with 4 vertebrae fractures as we found out later lol) in determination to try enjoy a vacation break in our summer house. DB at the time deep in the grips and not remotely interested in fresh air etc. So I was very surprised when he announced he was going riding Weds around the foreshore with a mate of his from work. His mate cycles regularly and is a non drinker, he asked DB as we live so close to the foreshore could he come to ours to park & then go cycling. DB said go one better, I'll join you. They cycled about 30k, it's 12k round the foreshore, they did it twice plus added on an extra leg by going over to the bay. All in all it's a beautiful cycle path with wonderful scenery, that coupled with cracking weather yesterday seems to have made for a good day out. He was knackered & when I got home snoring like a trooper on the settee. DB said this morning he enjoyed it so much he might make it a weekly outing and maybe when I'm better I can join him. I'd love that, I got the bikes in the first place so we could cycle together on the foreshore, I had gone a few times but not since 2013 when I hung the bike up (literally from the roof in the garage) & it's not been down since. I hope I can get well enough to do it.
ger715 (02-16-2017), St George 2013 (02-16-2017)