View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 12:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Judypie,

That is not what I was meaning. I was not saying it is all mental. Some of your symptoms are physiologically related to the injury and others are not. They are due to the psychological aspects of the physical injury. Some are just the ups and downs of daily living. Learning the difference will be a big help. Otherwise, you end up pushing doctors away. It can be very frustrating.

Plus, separating your symptoms in time will be helpful. Those at the time of the injury and shortly thereafter should be separated from those that are ongoing.

Hopefully, your therapist is trying to help you lower your stressful thinking. This way, they can see if lowering stress resolves your headaches or any other symptoms or if you need further help from a medical perspective.

PTSD can make a minor physiological symptom into a very serious symptom.

For example. If you go to an MD and give him a big list that includes all of your physical symptoms and your psychological symptoms, he will often focus on the psychological issues and turn you away. But, that same doctor will likely respond differently if you break the list apart and just focus on the worst physical symptoms.

The chiro's twist the head and pop the neck treatment is too aggressive for many. There are gentler chiro techniques that can help.

I hope you can see that I was not trying to say this is all in your head. The doctors do that too much.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote