View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ives6797 View Post
I am hoping the EEG is extremely reliable in diagnosing it? I mean, if he doesn't happen to have one during the EEG, then will his EEG come out as "normal"? I don't want it to be missed if he really does have it. I know they said he would be sedated during it. It might be both awake and sedated and I think they said it is for 2 hours total.

Can kids with Epilepsy can have vocal tics??? Are Sensory Integration problems common in kids with petit mal seizures? Are tics common??

Any advice/thoughts???

Thanks so much!

Dawn
((((((((((((Dawn)))))))))))))))) and (((((((((((((Anthony))))))))))))))).

I hate to say this, but no, I hate EEGs for the very reason that they [I]lack[I] accuracy in many cases and are not a particularly reliable diagnostic tool. They only pick up sz activity if it's occurring during the EEG. I have had normal readings during long periods of recurrent sz activity, and abnormal readings when I went without szs for years. Now, I'm talking about the "basic" 30-min EEG, but if he has a longer monitoring, such as 24-48 hour, or a video EEG, you may get more accurate results. If the "simple" EEG is normal, ask for a longer monitoring, or a V(ideo)EEG. Also, make sure a CT and/or MRI are done, too. It can help get to the bottom of what's going on.

Good luck!

LIZARD
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote