Thread: MG and alcohol
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 09:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear Poetist,

I know you wrote to Annie, but I hope you don't mind if I respond also. I hope you will talk to your doctors about your problems with breathing at night. I had this problem also, and it is related to my generalized muscle weakness. It affected my respiratory muscles. I have some problems breathing during the day, which fluctuates with how I am doing. But it is more prominent at night, because when you lie down, it can make it harder to breathe if your respiratory muscles are weak. I see a pulmonologist due to my breathing issues, and underwent a sleep study. He prescribed a BiPAP/AVAPS machine, which helps me breathe overnight (it is similar to a CPAP machine). It has really helped. It may be possible that you could benefit from something like that also if you are having trouble breathing at night. Also, if you ever have trouble breathing during the day, you can use the machine to help support your breathing during the daytime hours. Contact your doctors and ask them for an appointment soon. I know that's a very uncomfortable feeling, and there is something that can be done to help you. Meanwhile, if you sleep propped up on pillows, it can help on the short-term, but do contact your doctors.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (02-18-2017)