View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 02:07 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Your vitamin and supplement regimen looks good. Just a few comments.
Is the mag, mag oxide or a version that has better absorption ?
Is the Turmeric an extract with piperine? The usable curcumin in most turmeric and even curcumin is very low. The body has a difficult time absorbing it in most forms.
Some B12 complexes have low doses of B12 and most use the cyano form vs the methyl form. You should be looking for 1000 mcgs minimum, methyl is best, and on an empty stomach.

Have you considered something like 5-HTP to see if it helps with your depression. I've struggled with depression since a severe concussion in 1965 when I was 10. The stability I have with 5-HTP vs the messy side-effects and such from an SSRI is amazing. It is safe at moderate doses and relatively easy to tell if you are taking too much, sweats are the first indicator. I only take 100 mgs for a good benefit. I started with 50 mgs and upped to 100 mgs a week later and got enough benefit that I have not tried more.

The brain knows what to do with 5-HTP because it is naturally occurring. L-Tryptophan converts to 5-HTP which converts to serotonin and melatonin. The body moderates the conversion from L-Tryptophan to 5-HTP and it appears some of us do not do that at adequate levels.

I have some more ideas for you when you have posted enough times to get access to PMs (Private Messages) You need to set your profile settings to allow PM's. To PM, left click on a screen name and select send a private message.

I have to work hard to sleep. I need to eat 150 to 250 complex calories before bed so my brain has the energy it needs to sleep.

I'll share some of my techniques in another post.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote