View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Wendy,

Welcome, I see you have met the gang!

Sorry that you have been having so much trouble lately but glad that you have some docs that were able to diagnose you.

I am sorry but I cannot anser you question about recovery from surgery.

But I think I can take a stab at the first one why the stomach and the pain are related. I also have IBS symptoms and went through ton of gastro and neuro tests. All the gastro tests some back normal which was frustrating. So I did some research and talked to my gastro and neuro and they agreed that it was the nerves, not just stress. But that is why some docs just say IBS is caused by stress. Now the stress doesnt help but apparently the brain and the stomach have the same pain receptors. Matter of fact your gut actually produces serotonin as well the brain. The brain and the enteric nervous system which is in your gut are connected.

Which is why in the beginning your headache medicine would help both. But I am guessing that after a while the pain receptors multiplied and the medicine was not enough. Plus I bet the inflammation in that area from the Tarlov cyst could be contributing.

Anyway my IBS and the diarherra is caused by too fast of nerve conduction. The gastro and neuro concur that a med that slows down the nerve conduction in very low amounts help the IBS and diaherra.

Well I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and will be checking back to see how you are doing.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote