View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 12:10 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam, What's with the bladder control??? The situation in the hospital with a male patient and your accident had to be very embarrassing. Please see if you can go to a Uro gynecologist (sp?) who specializing in incontenence issues as well as female gynecological issues.

I had issues with my bladder dropping about 7 years and had to get a Cystocele to raise the bladder in a sling. It still is in the sling. I believe it came down because of all my forcing form opioid med constipation.

I just wish I had known about Urogynecologist (Urogyny). I went to my husband's Urologist who is a male and should have referred me to a Urogyny but instead he did the surgery. Put extra mesh, etc., problems....

Also when you have a Cystocele, you need to have a Rectocele done at the same time.....that is to suture the bowel from dropping afterwards which; as the Urogyny told me when he did the Rectocele said It is a fact that when a Cystocele is done; the bowel will drop; no if and or but....it will and it did within 2 months requiring a second surgery. By this time tho, I was aware not to have the Urologist touch me again I learned the hard way. The Urogyny also cares for incontinence patients.

You have so much going on. You might mention to DB that maybe you need to get a smaller place without all the animals because it is getting too difficult to maintain (especially without more help on his's part).

I'm afraid he got accustomed to your soothing and handling everything; especially early on during his recovery. I had mentioned previously, while our husbands may be very good men; the compassion for a wife that has physical issues often appears to be detached if any mention is made not feeling well or a difficult painful day.

It has to be a "downer" that you have gone thru so much and nothing has changed as far as the pain is concerned.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (02-20-2017)