View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 03:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

DB setttled into a deep funk again. Nothing seems to reach him, refused to speak with his family on Sunday night. RDO's the last 3 days, his funk descends every fortnight on his weekend RDO. He verbalised today he thinks it's because weekend RDO's always meant time to drink. And now weekend RDO he just doesn't know what to do with himself. I'm making sure he is drinking water and not getting dehydrated in this humid weather. But I can't do much more for him when I'm not in the best health myself. He managed to get himself out of the bed and to the couch. It's a huge improvement, no meals eaten in bed either. He chose not to go to an I group last night, not sure he could have driven himself anyhow. There is another tonight but he says it finishes at 10 and it's too late given he has to be up at 4 in the morning for work. I've offered to drive him there and pick him up so he can sleep on the way home, but the way he is, I tend to agree a 10pm finish will be too much for him. I still wonder if he is bipolar type 2. Wish I was better equipped to deal with this. Tired of worrying anything I say might tip him over the edge, and I don't mean into the soothing arms of alcohol.
I will see my GP this week and get a referral to a cardiologist. That may take some stress off of his mind. His partner was rushed back into ICU yesterday so in all DB has had a cruddy hospital weekend of stress. I've tried to explain its one reason why he may be feeling so blue, things appear to be beyond his control right now and while sober control is something he has always preferred to have.
eva5667faliure (05-11-2017)