View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 03:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Forgot to add, DB sister has been allocated a bed. March 28th she goes in. This is a different rehab apparently to what she has been on previously. The previous seem to have been hospital environment locations. This one while associated with the hospital is not a hospital environment and has apparently a quality success rate. It's for 13weeks and costs £38 a week. Seems very cheap to me and must be subsidised by the NHS. DB BIL whining about it costing £38 a week. He shut up very quickly when I told him DB rehab cost $690 a week and at one stage $500 a night. BIL (T) has offered G £10k again & for them to go their separate ways. I told G I didn't want really to be involved or to interfere but, she & T worked hard all their married life, the bungalow they live in is mortgage free & valued in excess of £200k. As his wife she is entitled to half, to settle and take £10k only would be not the cleverest move she could make. I suggested she do rehab, wait until she comes out and then make decisions based on how she feels then. I get the feeling BIL is trying to take advantage of G vulnerability, and of course my DB doesn't want to be having any conversations with G until she is sober and the other brother M, well as I explained they all no longer talk. I guess the saying you reap what you sow has not helped G in any way. Her drunken behaviour over the years has not been kind. But I can't let that get in the way of offering responsible advice. Hold off until you are in a position to make sensible choices. If BIL takes to her with his fists again, the police are now on red alert and won't be far away. The neighbours know if they hear her scream to call the police immediately. A safe roll on to March 28 is all I can hope for. Dad won't be able to cope with anything should anything happen.
eva5667faliure (05-11-2017), ger715 (02-22-2017), Wide-O (02-20-2017)