View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop262 View Post
Hi Jim,

I think the prognosis in the ideopathic cases is really unpredictable. After reading about a million articles, it seems that sometimes it get worse, sometimes it gets better, and sometimes stays the same. It does seem that a slow progressive onset seems to more likely end up with a continuing slow progression.

In my case, I had a fairly acute onset over 6 months - with twitching and cramping at first, then some feelings of weakness in the legs, and ultimately moving into a combination of numbness and then pain in my feet. But, over the two years since then, the symptoms have stabilized. The foot pain remains, but the other symptoms have mostly faded away. I do inspections at industrial facilities, so I'm on my feet a lot. I have kind of adjusted to the ongoing level of pain, and have found the best combinations of shoes and socks to minimize it. (I always buy nice thick/soft socks, and find that the typical white athletic socks are much more comfortable if I turn them inside out. Took a while to find safety shoes that didn't kill my feet - but eventually found some with a nice large toe box and memory foam insoles that allow me to work without too much discomfort.

I hope you are able to also find some ways to cope, and things that work for you. I was 52 when this came on, and can certainly understand that the younger you are, the scarier this can be.
Hi Ragtop,

You brought up a very good point about shoes and socks. This was a huge issue for me. I too had to find thick socks... I have also had to move to shoes without laces. I need to because my feet are constantly either hurting or need air from my shoes. I find the ease of taking them on or off so much nicer!!

😀

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
hbielski1905 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (02-26-2017), St George 2013 (02-24-2017)