Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 12:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It's been awhile

I definitely haven't kept up with my symptom diary like I had originally planned so I think it's time for an update. I think the slow progression and or regression is so gradual that it's hard to know when things are changing. With the highs and lows you don't want to assume anything until you've had some consistency with symptoms.

The beginning of the year seemed like a perfect time to push through and focus on my health. I cut back from drinking once or twice a week to no alcohol at all in 2017. I also decided after finding my clothes no longer fitting appropriately that it was time to lose some weight as well. I've gone with a pretty srtrict low carb diet the last month or so and have begun fasting twice a week for about 36 hours at a time. I'm down about 10-15 lbs depending on the time of day and how hydrated I am. Fasting really causes the body to let go of the extra water so it can fluctuate a lot day to day. I even bought some basic wieght lifting equipment and am planning on putting together a home gym in a spare room at the house. I made some serious changes cold turkey and am surprised how disciplined I have been even if its been less than 2 months. Part of making a life style change is making it a habit.

It could be my nerves have healed or just taking care of myself has decreased symptomatic pain in my feet. Either way I can say that the past week I have had the least amount of pain I've dealt with in the past 3+ years. If it requires the sacrifices I'm currently making to have a reduction in pain I think I can keep this up. When you experience excruciating pain the discomfort from fasting, not drinking alcohol, not eating sugar, and exercise is nothing. I can say for certain that yesterday was the least amount of pain I've experienced in a 24 hour period since my neuropathy peaked. I hope the next time I add an entry to this thread I've have either remained at this level or improved some more. Time will tell.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (02-26-2017), mrsD (02-22-2017), pinkynose (04-04-2018)