View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dawn,
I'm so sorry to hear about the problems your son is having it does sound like TS but then I ask myself the question with all the rapid blinking of his eyes if maybe he isn't having a complex partial seizure (sz.) If I may ask does your son ever smack his lips, wander around the house, or pull at his clothing for no reason and then seem confused and tired after? If this is happening it is a complex partial sz. I have had both absence (petit mal) and complex partial sz. for 35 yrs.
I agree with everyone else an e.e.g. will not show any seizure activity unless your son is having a sz. in my case it didn't even show all the brain damage until I had a video e.e.g where the surgeon had to put 7 depth electrodes directly on my brain.
I saw many different neuro. over the yrs. but I never got much help until I saw an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in Epilepsy) and I was sure to go to an Epilepsy Center which are often found at University Hospitals.
My advice to you is to have your son have an MRI, CT scan, along with a Pet and Spect scan this will really show what's going on in his brain. Take note if he has a lot of headaches, seems confused at times and isn't sure where he's at. This can happen to people who have cp sz. Keep your son away from anything with nutra sweet (aspartame) in it because it been proven that aspartame causes more electrical activity in the brain and can sometime cause sz. for people. Also take note if bright lights bother him and sometimes a low pressure coming in will cause some people to have seizures.
Here's a couple of websites to check out if your interested

www.epilepsy.com

http://www.neuropat.dote.hu/neurology.htm
Click on Epilepsy to get a lot of great info.

Here's wishing you and your son the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote