View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 02:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetist View Post
Wini, listen to Erin; she is giving you some good advice.

I never test positive. Yet, I respond to Mestinon, "had" been diagnosed with Bells Palsy a couple of times, weaken nerves, and have a prominent thymus.

I know this is a tricky disorder, so I wanted to know if race had a role in this. I'm black.

What I discovered as the reason why I never test positive is because 75% of black ocular MG patients were seronegative and 68% of white ocular MG patients were positive in this one study I read.

Ov
No, not race, as I'm white. Something worse--I'm female.
And you know how we are overly sensitive and delicate and subject to our overwrought sensibilities and suffer from things like The Vapors.
You know how many times I was told to go take a walk, I'd feel better?
Well, that's the problem, doc, I don't. I don't feel better. I feel like collapsing. I can't breathe. I can't make it up the three steps into the house after a walk.
One doc who told me that, I asked him, well, if I go up a flight of stairs twice a day, every day, will it get easier? He said yes. I said, well, I've been doing that 5 days a week for a year and a half already, as my son's classroom is on the second floor and I have to deliver him and pick him up every day, and it still isn't any easier. It's worse. So what's wrong?
He changed the subject and wouldn't answer and wouldn't address it.

Us women. We're so difficult to deal with.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (02-28-2017), FREDH (02-28-2017), rach73 (07-03-2017)