View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 03:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi winic1,

At least with me, my doctors have told me that Mestinon is a pretty safe drug. If it is really helping me, which they can clearly see, they are comfortable prescribing it for me even without the formal diagnosis of MG. Some other drugs which are used to treat MG, like prednisone, Imuran, or Cellcept, are much more complicated. Taking them can have benefits for you, but they also have concerns for patients long-term, and doctors usually have more issues with prescribing them. I would be willing to bet that your doctors will not take away the Mestinon since you are doing so much better when you take it.

I want to wish you well with the visit to see the doctor at Yale. I have seen doctors locally at university hospitals in California. Sometimes those visits have gone really well! Sometimes they haven't. I know you've had some really difficult experiences with doctors, but I'd encourage you to look at each visit as starting with a clean slate, if you can. Even if the last doctor(s) you saw at Yale were not so great, this new doctor might be totally different. This doctor might be kind, helpful, and could be a great part of your treatment team. You might be surprised! You have more information to give them now, too. You can tell them that Mestinon really helps you, and that is very useful information to have. Thinking of you and sending caring thoughts.

Take care,
Erin from California
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (02-28-2017), FREDH (02-22-2017)