View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 08:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

I appreciate your response. I do not have a Periapical xray of that tooth. I do have the Bitewing x ray from Oct. and have attached it to this thread.

I was really surprised in Oct. when the dentist told me I only needed a patch and not a crown. Dentist #2 has indicated that the decay is clear on the Oct. xray and cannot explain why dentist #1 patched it. I was also told that between Oct. to Jan. the decay has significantly increased.

What would your be recommendation at this point? Should I request a Periapical xray to assess the situation further? Do I request the dentist to open it up to see if the tooth is salvageable without RCT or extraction? My fear about this is even if I could get by now with just a crown sometime in the near future I could have problems due to very little tooth structure protecting the nerve.

For tooth #13 dentist#1 indicated that it is ok for now but that it should be closely watched. I did not have dentist #2 assess this tooth. Perhaps I will ask for his opinion next time I visit the office.
Attached Thumbnails
Possible RCT or Implant for #18 xray attached-oct-tooth-18-jpg  
cricketticket is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote