View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 11:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Should I sign the accident settlement?

I was in a rear-end car accident roughly a year ago with head trauma to the head rest.
Unfortunately, this was NOT my first head trauma experience as I had head trauma 2.5 years prior which resulted in roughly 2 years of symptoms/PCS.

The car accident brought back A LOT of symptoms. Most of which I still suffer with today.

I hired a lawyer and got some PT for my neck through an orthopedist (who claimed I had a "neck sprain").
However, I visited a neurologist a few months after the accident and his report wasn't very generous as it relates to concussion or PCS.
My lawyer claims the case for head trauma/headaches/PCS/etc isn't very strong because of that report and because I have a prior history.

Fast forward to today. I've been offered a pretty nice settlement by the other driver's insurance company (pain and suffering for the "strained neck").

I'm not really interested in money. I'm more interested in having the protection knowing I can get my medical bills recouped.
But at the same time, I'm not actively seeking treatment because I don't know who/what/where to go next.

Is it even realistic to claim PCS this far out in the game?
Or should I just sign the settlement and leave it at that?

Any advice?
QWERTY02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote