View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 07:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default constipation

Good morning - I have a good day when I have a bowel movement, because otherwise my PD medications just don't work [levo-carb] and my day is ruined with symptoms. Notice that just about ALL PD medications cause or exacerbate constipation too. Well, I've been reading that TENS/muscle stimulation machines can be used to help this condition. I just bought the machine, but haven't tried it for that yet - has anyone else? Apparently research done by physiotherapy departments, among others, indicate that it does work. There is no point in filling up our intestines with all sorts of fruit, seeds, natural or synthetic 'roughage' or anything else, as it might just make the situation worse (impaction), since it is lack of 'electricity' in the neurons controlling peristalsis that are the problem. I think we have something like neurogenic bowel that para and quadriplegics have [but not as complete} I do know that my neurologist, neuro nurse, family doctor and all other 'health professionals' are useless and know less than we do, but neurologists love prescribing drugs that make side effects lists longer, so I'd be careful with their drugs. I'll keep you posted.
SarahBain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (02-24-2017), moondaughter (07-20-2018)