View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 02:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
You don't say if you have any ongoing symptoms.
I do.
EDIT: To clarify, the upper neck/lower skull issue (the reason for PT) is much better. So the "soft tissue" injury aspect has been put to bed.
My ongoing symptoms are more in-line with the similar symptoms I had after my first head trauma experience.

Quote:
This concept is like shooting yourself in the foot from a legal standpoint.
I totally understand that. But again, my intent wasn't to get compensation, it was to get better.
Given my prior experience with head trauma, doctors were pretty useless in defining a practical treatment plan.
There were only so many, "come back in a month if your situation doesn't improve" responses that I could tolerate.
In hindsight, I can now see that I wasn't very smart from a legal standpoint; but honestly, I wanted to get better, not build a case.
But when the attorney's own neurologist didn't diagnosis a concussion or PCS, it doesn't help my case.

Quote:
Make sure you don't have bills that were paid by your insurance (health or auto) that your insurance company will want repaid from your settlement.
It's a pretty open and shut case. Attorney gets 1/3rd of the settlement as compesation, so no fees. Plus, most of my medical bills were paid OOP since I have a HDHP and the medical providers didn't ask for payment either since my attorney attached them to the lawsuit; so he will handle most of the medical payment dispersements.
QWERTY02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote