View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Geez, your family should be a medical study!

Jane, you'll be okay. You sound awful, but at least they BELIEVE you have MG! As if any of us doubted it!!!

I hope you will be on a steroid taper right away. Please consider another treatment. Prednisone can hurt you so much in the long run. It causes more illnesses, such as infections, brittle bones, diabetes, and so much more. I know they had to do the Solu-Medrol to rescue you, but they really need a long-term plan.

Dr. Allan Weiss is great, but he is in a smaller clinic. He diagnosed me and I can't say enough good things about him. 727-820-7701 I'm not certain if they can do a SFEMG there (not that you need one). A SFEMG will probably look fairly normal while on steroids anyway.

Allan S. Weiss
St. Anthony's Neurology Group | Muscular Dystrophy Association

There's nothing like MG. It's so obvious that anyone should be able to diagnose it. No other disease, besides LEMS and a CMS, has fatigable weakness.

I hope you will take really good care of yourself!!! Just because you are on steroids does not mean you are superwoman!

What else do you need to know? Take it easy in that Florida heat, even though it's not spring there yet! And traveling can be rough on MG. O2 saturation goes down in a plane. An oximeter can be really helpful in general. I know what my normal O2 is and when I'm tanking in part due to those readings.

I'm glad you are finding some good help!!!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (02-24-2017), Jane1 (02-25-2017), pingpongman (02-24-2017)