View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I queried it as well Gerry because DB said GP told him before the blood test she was going to request test of his thyroid. So apparently she told him at the surgery yesterday there is nothing wrong with his thyroid. I did ask where the results are and he said he thinks she didn't give him that sheet. I've got to contact the GP because the report says he is to have an MSU, I asked did she give you the paperwork to go get a urine test & he said no. So I will email her querying the MSU follow up and where are the TSH or T4 results.
There is a footnote at the end of each page which says tests completed. TSH is mentioned as completed on each of the 5 areas of testing i.e SE - PSA; SE - renal function; SE - HDL & CHOL; SE - liver function; SE GL- glucose fasting
I knew I should have gone with him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
You had some concerns about thyroid function. I do not see anything relating to testing/lab for the TSH or T4 or both for Thyroid. Since DB is having issues, it would be good if doctor would do testing. It's simply lab/blood work that could have been included in this test.

I had no idea my GP at the time had added these to my lab work. Glad she did because, as previously mentioned, when she got the results, she called me to inform me I had Graves Disease (Hyperthyroid) and needed to see and Endocrinologist for further testing.

It is really so difficult to maintain all that needs to be done. Unfortunately, this may eventually mean downsizing.

Hold on tightly dear friend.

Gerry
eva5667faliure (05-11-2017), ger715 (02-25-2017), kiwi33 (02-25-2017), Wide-O (02-25-2017)