View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 12:20 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I've had chronic migraines since I was about 10 years old and the main symptom I deal with is the pressure in my head.

I don't really have any other symptoms besides light headedness but it's not very prominent.

Each concussion was suffered while playing hockey, the most recent one I was cross checked in the back of the neck and fell rapidly to the ice. I was wearing a helmet but the blow to the front of head did create a pretty bad bruise, let alone the damage to my brain itself.

I have gone through CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy), did all of the basic concussion tests.

Unfortunately there's not much else I can take besides Tylenol because of the medication I have to take for my migraines. Excedrin is one of the medications I know I definitely can't take.

I have iced and all that jazz, nothing works. This has been going on for over a year and it's driving me crazy!!!

Up until this last concussion my headaches and migraines were under control, I seem to be slowly going back down the hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
bugeyedfatwalrus,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear you are suffering.

I'm confused. Did your chronic migraines pre-exist your concussions ?

[I would simply like to know if anyone else has suffered from these exact symptoms ]

What symptoms besides your headaches ? Do you mean just the severe pressure ?

How did you suffer each concussion ?

What kind of diagnostics and treatment have you received ?

Have you tried anything besides Tylenol ?

Max dose Tylenol combined with max dose aspirin can be very helpful. My doctor recommended this combination to me. Excedrin is Tylenol, aspirin and caffeine. The caffeine should be avoided in most cases, especially with PCS.

Have you done any icing, especially the back of your head and neck ?

Have you had any treatment for a upper neck injury ? Most concussions include subtle trauma to the upper neck. This will not show on imaging. It is usually just strain and bruising that causes inflammation that can lead to muscle spasms and headaches.
bugeyedfatwalrus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote