Thread: Clonidine?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 07:41 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I don't know what they do in pharmacies, but institutions that dispense medications directly to patients in the US use tall man lettering for certain meds in an effort to reduce errors with easily confused medications... parts of the names that help distinguish one med from another are capitalized. I wish I could remember an example, but I only dispensed meds in nursing school so nothing really stuck. MS got me before I graduated.

I've seen the handwriting on some of scripts I've submitted to the pharmacy in the past... many of them are illegible. I wonder how many times pharmacists have to call to make clarifications on a daily basis? All my MDs electronically submit my scripts now, but klonopin has to be written because it's a controlled substance.

I tried the clonipine for the first time Wednesday afternoon. I took 1/2 pill, which made me a little fuzzy headed and a bit relaxed, but it was around my usual nap time. I didn't dare take any on Thursday because I knew I would be driving, and was already really pushing my limits. I only took 1/2mg of klonopin yesterday morning, and after checking to make sure there weren't any drug interaction between Allegra-D and clonidine, I decided to take a whole pill around noon. I felt a little more relaxed than I did prior to taking it.

I napped pretty close to when I took it on both occasions, but I was awake long enough to notice that I didn't have any intrusive thoughts after taking it

I don't have any appointments this week until my surgery on Friday. Unless the hospital tells me I have to hold the medication for several days prior to surgery, I can conduct some tolerance tests and see whether it's effective at treating some of my other anxiety-based symptoms.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-25-2017), Dmom3005 (02-27-2017), Mari (02-25-2017), mrsD (02-25-2017), mymorgy (02-25-2017)