Thread: New neurologist
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 10:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sorry a bit of a tangent there, but before it's brought up, that I don't flinch, wince or cry out in pain, and getting the EMG's done where I didn't do that. There is a distinct difference between not flinching or wincing in pain that you feel and simply not wincing or flinching because you honestly don't feel anything. I really don't feel needles piercing my skin, I have to check my feet and hands under a bright light anytime someone breaks glass in the house to see if I have any shards in the skin, because I simply don't feel it. My feet have been bloodied by broken glass, my hands have had glass shards imbedded in them from cleaning up broken glass. I simply don't feel those tiny pricks of pain. Now if I slice my hand on a knife blade I feel that! If one of my kitties gets really frisky and bites me, I feel it, or scratches me, I feel it. But if they're kneeding me with their claws retracted or claws out I really don't feel a difference other than one leaves me with little puncture marks and one doesn't.

And I don't flinch or wince if I slice my hand open on the blade of a knife, nor if I get it imbedded with shards of glass. One because it'll drive up the blood pressure and bleed more, and the other because I simply don't feel it.