View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Terri.....These rooms are filled with such loving, caring people aren't they. I do not know alot about you and Bob but I do know that you are truly blessed with a miracle in your daughter! My son has been clean for 6 months now and my hubby and I have almost 7 years each....me on July 30 and his in September this year. We have alot of friends in the prorams we attend and we all know that it is one of the most difficult, painful things we will ever overcome. After a time we stared to regain our health, and emotionally we began to grow. The most incredible part was how we began to grow spirtitually! God was there carrying us, maybe dragging us, but the was there. He heaped my plate so darn full that I began to resent the saying. How dare he fill mine like a platter!!!! What I did not realize was that I was supposed to meet him in the middle by scraping off what I could. It all sounded so strange at first but I have learned over time what it was all about and I am much better at it now. Obviously I cannot scrape my diabetes off, but there are some things that I can do with the disease that will help keep it from building the mountain on my plate so high.....like exercise and eat right....take my pills and thank God that I have a good doctor!! My alcoholism is always there, but if I do not drink and get the support I need and work the 12 steps it lightens the load as well! I could not stop drinking untill I began to trust that God could help me. I did and I am a miracle because of it. Your daughter, God Bless her is a true miracle as well. It gave me goosebumps and at the same time a calm serene feeling when I read your post and what she said. It is true what she says, Cheri! Your daughter is a very wise young lady. Please send her a hug for me. Please tell her that I think she is truly amazing and to keep walking the path that she is on. You are so blessed to have her! Hugs to you and Bob as well, take care, Dorrie

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote