View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Struggle again this morning. DB alarm went off & for the first time ever, he slept thru it, I hit snooze, got up & began my routine which now includes getting his breakfast. DB remained asleep, snooze was going off when I came back in. I turned the light on & woke him up, he presented with deep red rimmed eyes, that blinking look when light is too bright, totally disorientated & clammy. I told him everything is done so eat your breakfast relax & try & gather your wits.

Maybe he has chronic fatigue? There is definitley something going on. So today along with emailing for the MSU detail, I'm going to ask if DB can be referred to a sleep clinic, his sleep is severely disrupted, punctuated by cycling motions, step climbing, kicking, hitting out & often fearful verbal utterances. I believe they call it night terrors. Many an occasion I've been kicked or accidentally hit. This restless sleep never happened when he was drinking.

There is a saying within canine handlers that the emotions of the handler go down the lead to the dog. DD3 has been not himself the last few days. We kept DD3 inside for a bit when he got home from work last night & made an extra fuss of him. This morning I bought him in for cuddles & attention before leaving for work. DD3 seemed alot happier when he went off for work this morning. I wish extra cuddles & attention could do it for DB.
eva5667faliure (05-11-2017), ger715 (02-27-2017)