Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

The thing with WC is not what you have/ your diagnosis, it's
"was it caused by work or clearly by the work related injury"

That is how "they" think, how the system works... that is what needs to be proved..
"X injury due to work brought on this dx of crps/rsd..."

The IME rarely will do much at all to help your case.
The WC ins pays for IME, it is mainly just for them to 'see" how you are doing and sniff out if any faking/malingering is happening..
I suggest you ask for a copy of the dr report, there is often errors and misinformation in those reports..
those errors need to be reported to your dr & atty so they can bring attention to the wrong info, which looks better for your case when there is many lies oops-- misinformation..
your drs & your atty can show up the mistakes with good records & information.

I don't know if you have explored our WC forum, or did a web search on IME information....

IME drs office or staff may have a video or camera on you as soon as you get there..so just be aware of what you do the whole time..
If a high dollar claim they will fight even harder..

They may even grab your injured area to see how you react. If you have said you can't do X , they will try to trick you .
Hate to say it but many IME are paid off to make your report read like you are totally fine & malingering..
I did have 1 IME that was actually very good and he warned me that I should change jobs, but I didn't listen to him after I recovered from RSI that first time..
I should have listened, now I do have chronic issues from long term RSI/soft tissue injuries.. The 2nd & 3rd IME was the icky paid off kind.
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (03-06-2017), Shay08 (02-27-2017), St George 2013 (02-27-2017)