View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 01:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Summerfun

Thanks for posting the link to this interesting review summarizing current treatments for the 3 major types of PN. (Pity autoimmune induced PN wasn't included.)

I notice that Palmitoylethanolamide was indicated as being effective when taken in conjunction with Gabapentin - that it could help to reduce the dose of Gabapentin required and therefore reduce the side effects from Gabapentin. Whether Palmitoylethanolamide on its own reduces PN pain isn't discussed in the article.

I previously researched Palmitoylethanolamide (PeaPure is one brand available) If I remember correctly there was some online information about the varying purity and consistency of what was being sold as Palmitoylethanolamide. It's been extensively used and tested in Europe for several years. Here's some links to some of the info I found on Palmitoylethanolamide

[Full text] Palmitoylethanolamide, a neutraceutical, in nerve compression syndrome | JPR

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmitoylethanolamide

Palmitoylethanolamide is found naturally in food including eggs and peanuts.
Hope this is of some use in deciding to whether to include it in your regime - if you do decide to include it maybe try to check as far as possible that the brand you buy is reputable. All the best.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (02-27-2017), St George 2013 (02-27-2017), Summerfun (02-27-2017)